People ask why I like being a lawyer. I get the opportunity to help somebody every day. What could be better than that?
— Don Marcari
Phone: (888) 351-1038
Don has been fighting for seriously injured people throughout North Carolina since 1985, and Virginia since 1988, concentrating on plaintiff personal injury law and civil litigation. In addition, Don handles veteran benefits claims and continues to defend select members of our military service in courts martial and administrative proceedings.
Don is a highly recognized attorney who has tried more than 200 jury trials, including cases against Ford, Firestone, American Honda, Home Depot and several national trucking companies. He represented clients whose cases became the foundation for a movie, The Paula Coughlin Story, and a book, The Story of the U.S. Navy’s Tailhook Scandal.
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 1985
- Virginia, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- Supreme Court of Virginia, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Forth Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC), 2012
Admitted pro hac vice in several states and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Campbell University School of Law, 1985. Juris Doctor
- Appalachian State University, 1980. Master of Arts, Public Administration
- Appalachian State University, 1979. Bachelor of Science, Political Science and Minor in Business Administration
Honors & Awards
- Virginia Super Lawyer
- North Carolina Lawyers Weekly Leader in Law
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), Order of Service Award
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Virginia by the National Trial Lawyers Association (NTLA)
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in Virginia and North Carolina by the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA)
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Virginia and North Carolina’s Top Rated AV Preeminent Rating Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell
- Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell
- Navy Achievement Award, U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corp
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association: General District Court Liaison Committee
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ): Education Committee
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA): 1st District Board of Governors 2014-2015, Chairman; Committee on Professionalism and Ethics, Governmental Key Contacts Committee and Vice Chairman of the Litigation Support Committee
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia
- Brain Injury Association of North Carolina
- Fellowship of the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, member National Advisory Board
Tried and counseled cases that became the basis for the movies, "A Few Good Men," "The Paula Coughlin Story" and book entitled "The Mother of All Hooks-The story of the US Navy’s Tailhook Scandal." Represented a Capital Murder Client involved in an internet/cell phone scam which received nationwide publicity. Retained as an Expert to testify to the "Standard of Care" in legal malpractice cases and appeared on television shows including Unsolved Mysteries, A Current Affair and The Montel Williams Show.
- Regent University School of Law (2014 Fall Semester), Products Liability Adjunct Professor
- Georgetown University, Introduction of Law Guest Lecturer
- Florence Darlington Community College, Political Science and Local Government Adjunct Professor
- First Colonial High School, Teacher, Advisor and Coach for the Legal Studies Academy
- Lynnhaven Middle School Football Coach
- Princess Anne High School Moot Court Team Advisor and Coach
- Great Neck Athletic Association (GNNA): Board of Directors Vice President, Football Commissioner, Girls Basketball Commissioner and Football, Basketball, Baseball and Soccer Coach
- Carolina Academy High School Football Coach
- Volunteer Hampton Roads Co-Chairman
- Artistic American Veterans Board of Directors
- Carolina Environmental Development Construction Education Foundation Board of Directors
- Lake City’s News & Post Editorialist
Contact personal injury lawyer Don Marcari today
Don Marcari has always demonstrated the utmost respect for the legal system and his community. He is very knowledgeable of the law and exemplifies the highest degree of ethics. He continuously demonstrates his legal capabilities with an honorable legal career spanning 25 years.
If you would like to schedule a consultation with Don Marcari, please call the offices of Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C. at (888) 351-1038 or contact us online.
Read more about why clients choose our firm.
|North Carolina||South Carolina||Virginia|