The Ultimate Cheat Sheet On Winter Weather Driving
According to the Virginia Highway Safety Office, in January 2013, 10,390 car crashes were reported. Of those crashes 51 were fatal crashes and 3,431 were crashes with injuries.
With the winter weather fast approaching we advise you to use all safety precautions while driving.
- Travel the speed limit.
- Wear your seatbelt.
- Prepare your car for winter (WAVY News reports on car care from AAA, http://wavy.com/2015/01/06/prepping-for-extreme-cold-in-hampton-roads/)
- Be cautious of other drivers.
- Pay attention to road signs and markings.
- Keep a 2 second gap between you and the car in front of you, especially when the roads are wet or slick.
- Refrain from distracted driving.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a serious car accident in Virginia or North Carolina, we are here to help. Call today for a free consultation with one of our experience personal injury attorneys.