South Carolina Accident Lawyers
Guiding our injured clients through legal options after accidents on some of the most dangerous U.S. roads
An experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer knows that South Carolina roads are among the most dangerous in the country. Major highways and interstates such as I-95, I-85 and I-77 see many devastating accidents each year. Anyone injured in an accident caused by the negligence of other parties typically has multiple options for pursuing compensation, but not all choices are right for all situations. Drawing on more than 175 years of combined experience, our accident attorneys at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C. take the time to fully assess your unique circumstances to help you make an educated decision on how to best proceed with your legal case.
We educate clients on all available legal options in SC accident cases
You often do not need to go to court to pursue your injury claim. Depending upon the severity of your injuries and the complexity of your case, you may have up to three options:
- Insurance claim: Provided the liable party who caused your injuries carries the insurance required by South Carolina law, you may be able to obtain the full value of your damages through an insurance claim. However, insurance companies can delay or deny these claims. In these cases, we can help get your claim back on track.
- Out-of-court settlement: Even higher-value injury claims do not necessarily require a lawsuit. We can often negotiate a fair settlement without taking cases to court.
- Courtroom litigation: Sometimes, a case needs to go to a South Carolina court. We guide our clients through lawsuits when we believe a jury decision is the best way to pursue the full value of a claim.
Why driving in SC can be dangerous
There are various factors that contribute to the motor vehicle accidents that occur nationally each year. In South Carolina, a few factors in particular seem to dominate the causes of car crashes throughout the state:
- Potholes: Poor road maintenance plays a major role in the dangers on South Carolina roads. Potholes are especially commonplace and can result in more than just a rocky ride when they cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles.
- Distracted driving: Currently there are no South Carolina laws prohibiting the use of cell phones on the road, making distracted driving more frequent and problematic.
- Tourists: South Carolina is home to many beautiful vacation locales such as Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head, as well as other attractions like amusement parks, resorts and aquariums. Tourists traveling from out of town to visit these places lack familiarity with South Carolina’s traffic-related laws and risk breaking them while endangering fellow motorists.
We serve a six-city area in South Carolina
The dedicated attorneys at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C. are well versed in SC personal injury laws, and we help the injured in the following cities:
Contact us for a free consultation before filing a claim
Serving the state of South Carolina, Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C. offers a free case evaluation and we make hospital visits and house calls when you suffer severe injuries and cannot come to our offices. We represent clients on a contingency-fee basis — you pay no attorney fees until your case is resolved and you receive compensation. Call us today at (888) 351-1038 or contact us online.