A Legal Perspective on Myrtle Beach Car Accident Statistics
1293 Professional Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Tel: (843) 839-0638
Understanding injury law begins with understanding how injuries occur
Car accidents — more than any other accident or incident — lead to personal injuries and lawsuits. If you or a loved one is injured in a Myrtle Beach car crash, you owe it to yourself to contact experienced lawyers with specific experience representing clients in personal injury claims throughout South Carolina. At Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C., we know how to get you the compensation you deserve.
Myrtle Beach car crash statistics
Although recent car accident statistics for the Myrtle Beach area may not seem terribly troublesome, the statistics are more frightening when you consider them over a longer period of time and in relation to the rest of the state:
- In 1999 and 2003, Myrtle Beach saw almost 50 fatal crashes, far more than the state average for those years. In 2003, in fact, there were 3.3 times as many fatal accidents per 100,000 individuals as the average for other South Carolina towns.
- In 2011, for example, the region witnessed five fatal accidents involving eight persons, two of which were caused by drunk drivers.
- Fatal accidents caused by drunk drivers per 100,000 individuals regularly outpace similar averages for other parts of the state in some years by 500 percent.
- More often than not, pedestrian accidents also statistically outpace similar accidents in other parts of the state.
The benefits of retaining legal counsel
If you or someone you love has been injured in a Myrtle Beach-area accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you file your personal injury claim. Working with an experienced attorney — one that’s handled personal injury cases like yours before — provides the following advantages:
- Understands the unique rules, protocols and idiosyncrasies of the court system
- Has argued before judges or insurance adjusters involved in your cases like yours
- Is familiar enough with injury law to recognize similarities between your case and others, and to determine if strategies that worked in previous cases may also be appropriate for yours
Put experienced Myrtle Beach injury lawyers in your corner today
The Myrtle Beach personal injury lawyers at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C. bring tenacious, experienced legal defense to the table for every client we represent. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency-fee basis — we only earn a fee if we win your case. We are also happy to arrange your free consultation at your home or your hospital room if your condition prevents you from visiting our offices. Call our firm today at (888) 351-1038 or contact us online to learn more.