How Much Does a Personal Injury Case Cost in VA?
Experienced and aggressive local attorneys deliver value for injured clients
Everyone who engages in litigation is concerned about costs. At Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C., our experience makes us ultra-efficient, so we’re able to keep costs under control. Our personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means we advance all costs of your litigation, and then deduct those expenses when the case is resolved. We assume all the financial risks, because if we don’t negotiate an acceptable settlement or prevail at trial, you owe us nothing. Working with a proven attorney on a contingency basis gives you peace of mind, so you can focus on your well-being. Plus, you have the added confidence of knowing a dedicated professional is working to maximize the compensation you receive.
How costs of litigation add up in Virginia
When injured parties try to represent themselves, they’re soon shocked by how fast the expenses rise. Sticker shock comes from many sources, such as:
- Filing fees — The court charges filing fees for Complaints based on the dollar amount in controversy. You can expect these to be a few hundred dollars for a serious injury case. Additional fees apply to file motions as needed.
- Service and process fees — When you file your claim, the Virginia court system can assign a sheriff or high constable to serve papers for a nominal fee.
- Document production — Since the law requires the answering party to pay for the production of documents to the requesting party, defense counsel often makes extravagant discovery demands to test the plaintiff’s resolve. You can fight such tactics in court, but fees apply there as well.
- Investigator’s expenses — In rare cases, a police report is enough to prove liability. But more often than not, you need a report from an experienced investigator who has collected evidence and identified witnesses.
- Expert witness fees — Accident reconstruction experts and medical experts are generally necessary to prove the cause of your injuries.
- Court reporter fees — Prior to trial, you must depose your witnesses as well as those from the defense side. Attorneys for each side split the cost of hiring a skilled professional to create a transcript for the court.
- Mediator fees— You may wish to mediate your case before proceeding to trial. Parties generally split the cost of the mediator.
When you retain MRSB to manage your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, we pay these upfront costs. You don’t have to drain your finances to fight your case, so you can concentrate on getting your life back together. Don’t delay. Remember, the statute of limitations gives your case a hard deadline. Get professional assistance for your lawsuit today.
Let an experienced Virginia attorney manage your claim professionally
When attempting to get the most from your personal injury claim, there is no substitute for an attorney’s experience. Our attorneys have the necessary knowledge and skill and are backed by the resources of an established and successful law firm. To schedule a free consultation, call Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C. at (888) 351-1038 or contact our office online.
Wherever you’ve been hurt, we’re close by
Our firm is so big in Virginia that we are local in the following communities: