What Behaviors Make Drivers Liable for Causing Accidents?
11028 Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23601
Tel: (757) 594-0989
Fax: (757) 340-6402
Newport News car accident attorney can help when you have been injured
Crashes on the road leave many people seriously injured each year. Sustaining injury in an auto, motorcycle or truck accident can be traumatic and costly. However, if someone else is to blame, you may claim fair compensation for your injuries and damages from the liable party or parties. At Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C., we are determined to help injury victims find justice.
Our Newport News car accident lawyers are ready to stand by your side every step of the way and help you find out who is to blame for your injury. For more information, or to speak to a highly qualified lawyer, please contact us today.
Another driver is generally liable for an accident that injured you under conditions such as:
- DUI. Any car accident attorney can tell you that if there is a car accident, and one driver was drinking, police will hold the intoxicated driver responsible.
- Fatigue. If a driver is exhausted and causes an accident, that driver is liable. For example, if a tired trucker driving on Fort Eustis Blvd. slams into a car, the truck driver is at fault.
- Distraction. Any type of distraction can cause an accident. Many drivers are aware that cell phone use while driving is extremely dangerous, but somehow don't realize this applies to them. Activities such as eating, drinking, and using an electronic navigator or CB radio can also lead to serious accidents.
- Failure to obey traffic laws. When an accident occurs and one driver has failed to obey a traffic signal or sign, he or she is likely to be blamed. For instance, many drivers on Jefferson Avenue speed. Drivers causing accidents while speeding are usually held accountable.
- Reckless driving. Driving aggressively, speeding, and tailgating are all extremely dangerous. If you are in an auto accident, and you can prove that a reckless driver caused your injury, you are generally able to obtain compensation.
A serious injury can cause pain for you and your family. However, you do not have to face the consequences alone. A team of experienced lawyers can assist you with your case.
Contact us today
If you suffered a serious personal injury in North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia, don't try to fight for fair compensation on your own. Call toll free at (888) 351-1038 today or contact Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C. online to schedule a free consultation.