What Behaviors Make Drivers Liable for Causing Accidents?
10200 Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23601
Tel: (757) 594-0989
Fax: (757) 594-1356
Newport News car accident attorney can help when you have been injured
Newport News is a thriving community of almost 200,000 people in the Tidewater region, where history and modernity exist side by side. Its many noteworthy attractions include several antebellum homes and plantations, the Mariner’s Museum, the Virginia War Museum, and the U.S. Army Transportation Museum. Culture and entertainment abound in the Peninsula Fine Arts Center, the Ferguson Center for the Arts and other venues, and the many parks offer varied recreational opportunities. Visitors from Norfolk in the south and Richmond in the northwest have easy access to Newport News along I-64 and U.S. 60. But, unfortunately, all that traffic flowing into town can lead to car crashes, which leave many people seriously injured each year.
Preliminary 2016 data shared from the National Safety Council estimates that as many as 40,000 people in the United States died in motor vehicles crashes last year, a six percent rise from 2015. However, Virginia saw a minor decrease of one percent from 2015 to 2016. Sustaining injury in an auto, motorcycle or truck accident can be traumatic and costly. However, if someone else is to blame, you may claim fair compensation for your injuries and damages from the liable party or parties. At Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C., our Newport News auto accident lawyers are determined to help injury victims find justice.
Another driver is generally liable for an accident that injured you under conditions such as these:
- DUI. Any car accident attorney can tell you that if there is a car accident, and one driver was drinking, police will hold the intoxicated driver responsible.
- Fatigue. If a driver is exhausted and causes an accident, that driver is liable. For example, if a tired trucker driving on Fort Eustis Boulevard slams into a car, the truck driver is at fault.
- Distraction. Any type of distraction can cause an accident. Many drivers are aware that cellphone use while driving is extremely dangerous, but somehow they don't realize this applies to them. Activities such as eating, drinking, and using an electronic navigator or CB radio can also lead to serious accidents.
- Failure to obey traffic laws. When an accident occurs and one driver has failed to obey a traffic signal or sign, he or she is likely to be blamed. For instance, many drivers on Jefferson Avenue speed. Drivers causing accidents while speeding are usually held accountable.
- Reckless driving. Driving aggressively, speeding, and tailgating are all extremely dangerous behaviors. If you are in an auto accident and you can prove that a reckless driver caused your injury, you are generally able to obtain compensation.
A serious injury from a car crash can cause pain for you and your family. However, you do not have to face the consequences alone. A team of experienced lawyers can assist you with your case.
Contact us today
If you have suffered a serious injury from a car wreck in Newport News, don't try to fight for fair compensation on your own. Call toll free at (888) 351-1038 today or contact Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C. online to schedule a free consultation.