Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban recently sponsored a hole at the Cape Fear High School Colt Scramble. Carmen Serbio, pictured here, and his team won the Tournament. Carmen is the son of employee Lynder Serbio! Congratulations to Carmen and the entire team!
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban sponsored the Hickory High School Cheerleading Squad for the 2nd year in a row.
May 13, 2017
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban sponsored $500 for the 5th Annual FARA Fest Lei Day 5k and Flip Flop 1 mile fundraiser in Virginia Beach. Our very own Vicki Sullivan, who is a Claims Coordinator, ran in the race.
May 21, 2016
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban is honored to be the presenting sponsor for the 2nd Annual VA Vigilante PaddleFit Challenge. The Non-Profit VA Vigilante PaddleFit Challenge was founded to help raise money for homeless and disabled veterans in North Carolina. All proceeds from this event will go directly to agencies supporting homeless and disabled veterans in North Carolina. The VA Vigilante PaddleFit Challenge is a fun and exciting way to show your support for the local veterans in need. They served for us now it’s our turn to give back to them.
May 17, 2015
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban is honored to be the presenting sponsor for the 1st Annual VA Vigilante PaddleFit Challenge. The VA Vigilante PaddleFit Challenge was founded to help raise money for homeless and disabled veterans in North Carolina. All proceeds from this event will go directly to the Onslow County Community Foundation for Homeless Veterans, Home of Camp Lejeune. The VA Vigilante PaddleFit Challenge is a fun and exciting way to show your support for the local veterans in need. They served for us now it’s our turn to give back to them.
We welcome anyone to participate in this event on Sunday, May 17th. To register for the event, simply click the link below and fill out the required information for entry. We will have three levels you may register for: Beginner/Recreational, Intermediate Advanced (Paddle Only) Advanced (Paddle & Fitness). The Beginner/Recreational level requires no paddle boarding experience. We will also have instructors at the event prior to the races.
October 25, 2014
The Marcari, Russotto, Spencer and Balaban team will be at Oktoberfest in Onslow County this year. Will you be there?
Oktoberfest is held on Saturday, October 25th, at Riverside Crossing Park in Jacksonville, NC. Our tent will be set up at the event from 10:00AM-6:00PM on Saturday. We will have a team of Veterans Disability Paralegals and VA Benefits Attorney, David Russotto, at our booth to help answer the many questions people have about veteran’s benefits.
We hope to see you there. For more information on Oktoberfest 2014, CLICK HERE.
The Veterans Benefits Law Firm of Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban sponsored the Veterans Information Area at the Onslow County Oktoberfest. The event was held at the Riverside Crossing Park in Jacksonville, NC and was a huge success. We met a lot of new friends like The Wounded Warrior Project, Semper Fi Fund, Vets Center of Jacksonville, Hope for Warriors, Vietnam Veterans of America, Army Recruiting Station in Jacksonville, NC and the American Legion Post 265, Army Recruiting Station in Jacksonville, NC and the American Legion Post 265. We had a team of Veterans Disability Paralegals and VA Benefits Attorney, David Russotto at our booth to help answer the many questions people about veterans benefits. CLICK HERE
August 14, 2013
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban donated school supplies to Operation School Supplies - Stuff the Bus. WAVY-TV 10 and AAA to is asking for your help this year in collecting school supplies for needy children in Hampton Roads. You can join WAVY-TV for our special "Stuff the Bus Friday" broadcasts at different locations around Hampton Roads. Supplies will be distributed to all school districts for grades K-12. School districts will distribute supplies to the schools in their district. All supplies will go directly to the school districts.
April 20, 2013
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer and Balaban sponsored the Virginia Beach Education Association in their efforts to raise money for Relay for Life. The event took place at Salem High School in Virginia Beach on April 20, 2013. We enjoyed celebrating the lives of those who have battled cancer, remembering love ones who have been lost and those who are fighting back against this disease.
April 18-20, 2013
– Attorney Phil Bradfield's daughter is Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz
– The classic tale of a young girl who goes on a world of adventure through the wonderful land of Oz comes to life on the Menchville stage starting April 18th, 19th, and 20th.
This years cast is one of the most talented casts we have put together at Menchville High School in recent history.
Dorothy is played by Emily Bradfield in her first Menchville stage performance, followed by Juwan Palmer as the Scarecrow, Caleb Jones as the Tinman, and Colin Taylor as the Cowardly Lion. Rachel Lamb brings the cast together in her role as the Wicked Witch of the West.
With a professional technical crew and an incredible cast, Menchville High Schools production of the Wizard of Oz will leave you wanting more.
April 10, 2013
– Veterans Stand Down
Attorney David Russotto and members of our VA Disability team, Jennifer Maxwell and Shawna Maxwell attended the Winston-Salem Veterans Stand Down. They were able to answer questions about the VA disability benefits process to the Vets who attended the event. United Way partnered with the Department of Veteran Affairs to host this event.
March 14, 2013
Most of the veterans that stopped to speak with us were not only looking for work but needed some form of guidance on their own claim for VA benefits. We were able to speak with a diverse group of individuals from veterans, dependents and active duty service members transitioning into the civilian sector. We found that despite all of these claims being at different phases of the process, all the individuals were eager for one thing; answers! You could see first-hand how poorly and uninformed the transition from the military has been for these veterans. The Department of Veterans Affairs did not step in and resolve any of this growing uncertainty. - Jennifer Maxwell, VA Benefits Case Manager READ MORE HERE
Saturday, February 23, 2013
– Fund-raising Events (Princess Anne Love Run) — Join Princess Anne High School in Virginia Beach on Saturday, February 23rd, as they host their 9th Annual Love Run 5K to benefit Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters. Please contact Kristina Berney at [email protected] for more information, to register or to sponsor the event.
October 27, 2012
– Sponsored the Charlotte Firefighters Association and Safety Journal Country Music Show featuring John Michael Montgomery.
October 27, 2012
– Onslow County Oktoberfest — Sponsored a Veterans Services & Information Area where different veteran organizations joined us as our guests. [American Legion post 265, Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center, Department of Commerce, Division of Employment Security, Disabled Veteran Outreach, Hope For The Warriors, NABVETS #0054, NABVETS #0069, Semper Fi Fund, VA Medical Center, Rural Health Integrator, Retired Vietnam Veterans Association]
September 15, 2012
– Second annual World's Largest Truck Convoy for Special Olympics Virginia
September 8, 2012
– Employees donated to the Seton House Youth Shelters
September 7-8, 2012
– Sponsored Blues at the Beach Festival. Celebrating one of the most cherished musical genres of all time, THE BLUES! The Blues at the Beach Festival features two days of free concerts on an outdoor stage. Local, regional, and nationally recognized Blues acts share the stage for a riveting and heartfelt tribute to the sights, sounds, and soul of the American experience. Local & national headliners have brought their intensity and knockout live performances to Virginia Beach. Talented performers, writers, singers and guitar players have appeared at the festival and enthralled Blues enthusiasts of all ages.
– Don Marcari presented to students at First Colonial High School about Distracted Driving. The 60-minute presentation – part of April’s National Distracted Driving Awareness Month and in conjunction with The Casey Feldman Foundation, EndDD.org and 60 for Safety’s End Distracted Driving Student Awareness Campaign – offered high-school teens an educational yet sobering glimpse into the tragic results when driving distracted. Take a look at a few facts below, courtesy of www.distraction.gov. Click here for our blog post.
– Don Marcari volunteered and spoke at the 2012 All TAG Conference presented by the Virginia Beach Library. The event brought more than 80 teens together from seven library locations in Virginia Beach for an action-packed, interactive evening of fun, learning and creativity.
– Donated to the Kill Devil Hills, NC Gentle Expert Memorycare (GEM) Benefit. GEM is an organization supporting older adults with memory loss.
February 18, 2012
– Donated to the Rolling Thunder®, Inc. Chapter NC-5 10th Annual “Chilly Chili Poker Run.” Profits from this event will go towards the SSgt Anthony L. Goodwin Memorial Veteran Dependents Scholarship Fund. SSgt Goodwin was a member of 1st Bn, 2nd Marines and was killed during combat operations in Iraq on Mother's Day 2005.
– Donated to the Freedom Biker Run.
– Donated to the Raleigh Rescue Mission.
– Donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank in Charlotte.
– Donated towards medical expenses for Virginia Beach Bayside Community Coach, Mr. Hudgins when he became suddenly ill.
October 15, 2011
– Donated to the 2011 Hopebuilders 5k Run in memory of Morgan.
– Attorney David Spencer participated in an effort to help the North Carolina School of Math and Sciences in Durham break the Guinness World Record for most food collected at one location. The past record was 509,148 pounds and the new world record broken this weekend totaled 559,885 pounds!! K-Mart provided tractor trailers and 150,000 pounds of food. Chick-fil-A and other neighborhood organizations also participated. Congressman David Price and Gov. Dev Perdue visited the location to encourage all participants.
– Sponsored the Norfolk Blues Rugby Club annual golf tournament
– Donated to the “Legal Legacy Grove” in Norfolk, VA for the “Celebrate Trees” project.
– Sponsored a Virginia Beach First Colonial High School Field Hockey Team banner
– Donated to the Chesapeake Fire Department towards a family in need during the Christmas season.
Some of the organizations we make donations to on a regular basis:
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- American Cancer Society
- Navy Seal Foundation
- Mothers Against Drunk Drivers
- Special Olympics
- Outer Banks (OBX) Storm Soccer Association
Every year we participate in Toys for Tots.