Winston-Salem Car Accident Lawyer
3590 Yadkinville Road
#1 Reynolda Commons
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Tel: (336) 896-0028
Fax: (336) 922-5299
Guidance on North Carolina auto accident claims and lawsuits
As anyone who has suffered serious injuries in an auto, truck or motorcycle accident can tell you, dealing with all the paperwork and people involved can be difficult and complicated, especially when you are trying to recover your health. The Winston-Salem car accident lawyers at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban help accident victims deal with all these issues. Because even if there are only two drivers involved, many other people must necessarily take part in resolving all related matters. These parties include:
- Law officers, who evaluate the scene, write accident reports, and issue tickets
- Insurance adjusters for all parties involved, who handle the claims process
- Auto tow companies that remove damaged vehicles
- Emergency medical workers who care for the injured at the scene
- Doctors and other medical professionals at the hospital
- Long-term care givers and therapists, when injuries have long-term consequences
- Car repair workers providing repair estimates or determining that the vehicle is totaled
- Social Security Disability workers, if you are too injured to work for at least a year
- A Winston-Salem auto accident attorney, when damages are severe enough to justify legal action
These post-accident details can seem daunting, especially when legal action is necessary. You can make the legal process less stressful and complicated by choosing to work with a North Carolina auto accident lawyer who is skilled, experienced, and adept at both communication and the law. This is the only kind of lawyer on the legal team at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban
We treat you like family — as someone we care about and take care of — making us want to fight to ensure you receive full compensation for your damages. We understand that the process is not easy, so we keep you informed and explain everything you need to know about the process.
Working with your Winston-Salem car accident lawyer and the lawsuit process
If you hire a Winston-Salem auto accident lawyer from our firm well before the statute of limitations is up, we can put through a claim for you. The first step we take in this pre-litigation process is to collect key information, including:
- All your medical reports
- Medical billing records
- Repair estimates for the car damage
- Your physician’s estimate of future medical treatments needed
This step can take weeks or many months, depending on several factors, such as:
- The number of medical entities involved
- How quickly each facility turns around the records
- The wait until you are far enough along in your recovery for doctors to assess how much damage you have experienced
After we have all of the needed documentation, we usually first make a demand for settlement to the defendant’s insurance company. The demand typically includes a summary of all medical fees, estimates for repairing your vehicle, any expected future medical expenses, compensation for your pain and suffering, North Carolina automobile accident attorney fees, and other items that we expect the defendant to pay.
If we successfully settle the claim to your approval, we distribute the settlement funds to pay off any outstanding medical expenses and our attorneys' fees and legal expenses. The remaining settlement goes to you, the plaintiff.
When the claim becomes a personal injury lawsuit
If the insurance company will not negotiate fairly, we file a lawsuit on your behalf. A trial date is set by the courts, usually for about a year from the date we file the lawsuit.
Sometimes the threat of the lawsuit encourages the defense to negotiate a settlement. If not, we carry your lawsuit to trial, whereupon the courts decide liability and how much the defendant must pay for your damages.
In any case, remember that if you don't get paid, we don't get paid, either. That means consulting with a lawyer to receive compensation for your auto, tractor trailer-truck, or motorcycle accident does not cost you anything unless the case is resolved in your favor.
Contact a Winston-Salem automobile accident attorney
To speak to a Winston-Salem automobile accident attorney at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban, call 888-351-1038 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. We are there for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. And if you are too injured to travel, we come to you.