Auto, Truck & Motorcycle Accidents and Insurance Benefits
Williamsburg car accident lawyer can help you maximize your insurance claim
An auto accident can cause serious injury and have devastating financial consequences. As a result, obtaining fair compensation is vital to your survival and the survival of your family. But how do you know what fair compensation is?
At Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban, our attorneys are highly qualified and knowledgeable about Virginia auto insurance and how to maximize your benefits when possible. We understand the trauma an auto accident can cause and we are ready to sit down with you and explain how the compensation system works. To speak to one of our experienced lawyers, do not hesitate to contact us today for a free consultation.
Obtaining full and fair compensation in an auto accident is not always easy. Unfortunately, many people accept insurance settlements without the counsel of a knowledgeable lawyer. Insurance adjustors protect their companies' interests, not those of their own customers. Having an accident attorney on your side ensures that an insurance company can't take advantage of you.
What you can do to ensure proper compensation
Below is a list of steps you can take to ensure proper compensation if you are in a car, motorcycle or tractor-trailer truck accident:
- Contact your insurance company
- Read and understand your policy
- Collect details and evidence, including photographs of the accident and witness information
- Take down the insurance information of everyone involved in the accident
- Keep a written log of any conversations you have with your insurance company
- Be honest with your insurance company
- Do not admit liability at the accident scene, to friends or family, or at any time
- Do not share details of your accident, injuries or recovery on Facebook, Twitter or other social networking websites
- Do not agree to or sign anything without having an attorney review it first
- Be polite but cautious when communicating with insurers
If you are in an accident on Lafayette Street (Route 5) or any other road in Williamsburg, you should contact a trustworthy car accident lawyer at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban as soon as possible. An attorney will review your case and advise how you can best protect your interests. You must remember that it is in the best interests of insurance companies to resolve cases as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Your best interests seldom match those of the insurance company.
Contact us today
If you have suffered a serious personal injury in North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia, don't try to fight for fair compensation on your own. Call toll free at (888) 351-1038 today or contact Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban online to schedule a free consultation.