David Russotto began his legal career as an attorney with the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps. He was stationed at Naval Base Norfolk as Defense Counsel and then as Trial Counsel and Legal Services Attorney at Naval Air Station Oceana.
After attending Staff Judge Advocate School, David went on to work as staff Judge Advocate at FCTCLANT Dam Neck in Virginia Beach, providing legal advice to the base commander. In 1991, he went into private practice and in 2000, Mr. Russotto helped found Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban
Veterans Benefits. David’s long familiarity with the military and respect for the sacrifices made by U.S. veterans has been instrumental in his decision to represent disabled veterans and their families. Up until June 2007, veterans were not permitted to engage the services of an attorney to apply for benefits. Today, attorneys may be retained by applicants who have been turned down or received an unsatisfactory level of benefits and wish to appeal the VA's decision. For these reasons, David champions the interests of veterans across the United States.
He is a Department of Veteran Affairs accredited attorney and is admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims (CAVC), Court of Appeals for Federal Circuit Court and the North Carolina Bar. He is a member of the National Organization of Veterans Advocates (NOVA), Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association, North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) and the North Carolina State Bar Association.
Personal Injury. In 2000, David helped to form Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban with a specific goal — to help people seriously injured in car, truck and motorcycle accidents, and wrongful death and other cases where he fights for full compensation to help clients rebuild their lives.
Criminal Law. David concentrated on criminal defense in the U.S. Navy JAG Corps and served as a Trial Counsel and Legal Services Officer at Naval Air Station Oceana. He represented Navy service members during Courts Martial, non-judicial punishment actions, appeals and other criminal proceedings.
Real Estate Development. From 1992 to 2005, David was an award-winning real estate developer, owning several companies and developing and/or building more than 3,000 properties. He used his legal skill to present projects for approval to zoning boards in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
David's companies received three Community of the Year awards and shared another from the Tidewater Builders Association. Among his prominent award-winning projects in Virginia Beach are the Linkorn Bay Condominiums, a private swim/boating/outdoor community, and Three Ships Landing, a unique retirement community of 48 homes.
Admitted to practice
- North Carolina, 1987
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Court, 2011
- U.S. District Court for Middle District of North Carolina, 2013
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC),2011
- Department of Veteran Affairs Accredited Attorney, 2011
- Naval Justice School, Newport, RI, 1988. Military Criminal Justice, admiralty and international law
- Wake Forest University School of Law, 1987. Juris Doctor
- Emory University,1984. Bachelor in Art, English
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates Conference, 2011-2013
Honors & Awards
- American Legion Honorable Service Award
- Navy Achievement Award U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corp
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates (NOVA)
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ)
- North Carolina American Legion
- Certified Personal Trainer
If you would like to schedule a consultation with Dave Russotto, call the offices of Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban at (888) 351-1038 or contact us online.
Read more about why clients choose our firm.