Raleigh Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
2443 Lynn Road
Raleigh, NC 27612
Tel: (919) 787-9944
Fax: (919) 783-0458
Aggressive representation for injured riders throughout Wake County
As a fast-growing metropolitan area, Raleigh has an increasingly congested commuter grid. One antidote for tight traffic and limited parking is the motorcycle, which has become more and more popular in Wake County. However, despite their advantages in efficiency and cost, motorcycles have considerable downsides. Bikes are more vulnerable to poor road and weather conditions, and riders are much more vulnerable to serious injury when something goes wrong. As motorcycle accidents have become more of a safety issue in Raleigh, the accident attorneys at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban have responded with aggressive representation to secure full, fair compensation. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone’s negligence, you can rely on our skill, experience and dedication.
Raleigh and Wake County motorcycle accident statistics
In the city of Raleigh, motorcycle accidents are trending upward. There were 137 reported crashes and four fatalities in 2011, 158 crashes and one death in 2012, 149 crashes and six deaths in 2013, and 163 crashes and five deaths in 2014. Throughout Wake County, motorcycle accidents resulted in an average of nine deaths and 267 nonfatal injuries in the years 2010 to 2014. According to the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, an injury or death occurred in more than 80 percent of all motorcycle accidents in our state over the course of 2014.
Common injuries from motorcycle crashes
Motorcycle riders are much more exposed and therefore at greater risk of bodily injury than car drivers are. Common injuries to bikers and their passengers include:
- Bone fractures — Both the initial impact with another vehicle and the secondary impact with the hard road surface can cause enough force to break bones.
- Road rash — Friction from the road surface can burn and lacerate the skin. In severe instances, the rider may need skin grafts to repair damage.
- Shoulder injury — A rider can fall with great force onto his or her shoulder, damaging the joint and the soft tissues, requiring surgery.
- Spinal injury/paralysis — Torqueing of the neck or back can damage the spinal cord, producing paralysis below the impact point.
- Head/brain injury (TBI) — Helmets approved by the Department of Transportation or Snell are best for protecting a rider’s head from injury. But even when the skull is protected, the brain can suffer a debilitating injury as its soft tissue tears and impacts the hard cranial surface.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys at Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban have more than 175 years of combined legal experience. If you have suffered a serious injury or a loved one is the victim of a wrongful death, we have the knowledge and resources to fight for you.
Contact an experienced Raleigh lawyer for your motorcycle accident case
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban is known for determination when fighting tough injury and wrongful death cases. Our experienced trial lawyers pursue the maximum possible recovery for motorcycle accidents. To schedule a free consultation, call (888) 351-1038 or contact us online today.