Products Liability Law Firm Pursues Compensation for Consumers in North Carolina, South Carolina & Virginia
Dedicated attorneys fight for maximum recovery for injured clients
When you buy any consumer product, you have the right to expect that it is safe to use as intended. When a defect in that product causes you harm, you are entitled to compensation. Unfortunately, in most cases, you must deal with huge, impersonal corporations that deny liability. That insult is often as infuriating as your injuries are painful. At Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban P.C., our injury attorneys care about the clients we serve. We relentlessly pursue full compensation, applying more than 175 years of combined legal experience to the task.
Understanding when you have a case of products liability
A company that releases a defective product on the market is strictly liable for the harm to consumers resulting from the defect. Product defects fall into three major categories:
- Design defect — In the planning stage of the product a mistake was made that rendered it unsafe. Certain medical devices have been shown to have design defects. For example, artificial hips with metal-on-metal construction have shed metal filings, causing great pain to hip replacement patients.
- Manufacturing defect — A deviation from the design specifications introduced a defect into the product. This can occur when a manufacturer uses substandard or toxic materials.
- Failure to warn — Some products are inherently unsafe and must be used with caution to prevent injuries. These products require adequate labeling to warn consumers of the dangers.
If such a defect caused your injury, you may have a case for compensation. However, a consumer’s misuse of a product was found to be the proximate cause of the injuries in many cases.
Defective products that have led to liability cases include:
Defective Medical Devices
Defective Consumer Products
- GM Ignition Switch Recall
- Just for Men- Chemical Burns
- Talcum Powder
It takes a skilled personal injury attorney familiar with products liability to construct a compelling case for relief. Injured consumers should act quickly, so they are not barred from recovering due to the statute of limitations or a defendant company’s bankruptcy.
Common products liability complaint: automobile defects
If you follow the news, you are probably aware that General Motors has recalled approximately 1.6 million vehicles due to a defective ignition switch that has been linked to 13 deaths. However, the number of fatalities linked to the faulty ignition switch may grow, since the defect has been found to prevent airbags from deploying during crashes, and federal crash data points to 303 deaths in GM cars with undeployed airbags. At Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban, P.C., we are very concerned with the threat of auto defects to the safety of motorists and passengers. We aggressively pursue injury claims to compensate our clients and to compel auto manufacturers to produce safer products.
Contact us today to evaluate your defective product case in North Carolina, South Carolina ”or” Virginia
If you have suffered harm due to a defective product, our quality legal representation can help secure the compensation you deserve. Call Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban, P.C. toll free at (888) 351-1038 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. If you cannot travel to one of our North Carolina, South Carolina ”or” Virginia offices, we will come to you!